VTKEventReporter

SimTKcore exists as a separate project to provide 'one stop shopping' for SimTK Core software and support, although the software is actually developed as a set of interdependent projects. SimTK 1.0 was released in March 2008, SimTK 2.0 in December, 2009.
M Ali Poursina

VTKEventReporter

Post by M Ali Poursina » Sun May 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Dear,
I have installed Simtkcore form SimTKcore_VC9.exe. When I run the ExampleChain.cpp using Microsoft Visual C++ 208 Express Edition. if the command line:

system.updDefaultSubsystem().addEventReporter(new VTKEventReporter(system, 0.02));

exists in the program, the following error appears:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application.

Can you please help me sove this error?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Michael Sherman

RE: VTKEventReporter

Post by Michael Sherman » Tue May 25, 2010 11:46 am

Hi, Mohammad.

I talked to Jack Middleton about this and he thinks it is most likely VC Express that is the source of the problem. Microsoft does not seem to feel compelled to make its free compilers compatible with its commercial ones. The binaries we provide (both for SimTK and VTK) were built with VC9 professional.

You could rebuild from source code using VC Express everywhere and I think all would be well. Or you could get VC9 pro and then you should be able to use the provided binaries.

Regards,
Sherm