Error loading model with contact force estimation plugin

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Melanie Hook

Error loading model with contact force estimation plugin

Post by Melanie Hook » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:07 am

Hello,
I am trying to use this plug-in (indexPhpbb.php?group_id=1357&pluginname=phpBB) to add contact elements to the foot of the gait2392 model. I modified the code from the example files provided with the plug-in and appended it to the forces section by editing the osim file. However, I keep getting this error message when I try to load the model in OpenSim 4.0.
image (1).png
image (1).png (37.83 KiB) Viewed 232 times
I do not think the problem is caused by the ContactPointOnPlane elements themselves since the example file loads just fine. Has anyone encountered this error message and know how to fix it? Attached is my osim model file with the contact elements added. Thank you so much for your help!

Thanks,
Melanie Hook
melaniehook@vt.edu
Attachments
subject01_simbody_contact.osim
(646.62 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Error loading model with contact force estimation plugin

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:34 am

Hi Melanie,

It appears that the plugin is trying to visualize an object/force utilizing the generateDecorations function call, the calculations in the generateDecorations function should not depend on any Dynamics-stage state entry as these are only computed during integration. Pre-version 4.0 the application was not utilizing the generateDecorations mechanism so you could get away with that, as of now you'll have to have your generateDecorations function handle the case where state is only realized to velocity stage.

If that seems hard to follow, you should communicate this to the plugin developer.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman