Constraint involving multiple DOFs

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Priyanshu Agarwal

Constraint involving multiple DOFs

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 am

Hi,

I have a model in which I need to constraint the distance between two points which are on two different bodies. Both the bodies have rotational joints about two other bodies. Is it possible to define constraints involving multiple DOFs in OpenSim?

Regards,
Priyanshu

Ayman Habib

RE: Constraint involving multiple DOFs

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 am

Priyanshu,

OpenSim provides a PointConstraint which allows you to specify 2 points on two different bodies that you want to make coincident. You can arbitrarily specify the location of the points in their corresponding Body frame.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Priyanshu Agarwal

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Ayman,

That was very helpful. Thanks for the reply. I see a lot of features in OpenSim, however the OpenSim UserGuide doesn't include anything about their usage. Is there any separate documentation for these features?

Regards,
Priyanshu

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Priyanshu,

The User Guide is intended primarily for GUI users, new classes/components however do not show up there. The Doxygen documentation is probably best for that. You'd find it under the folder sdk/doc/index.html below the OpenSim top level installation directory.

Cheers,
-Ayman

Priyanshu Agarwal

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:41 pm

Thank you so much Ayman.

Regards,
Priyanshu