Failed to finish creating data files

Provides a system for patient-specific cardiovascular modeling and simulation.
seyed Jamal Eldin mahdavifar

Failed to finish creating data files

Post by seyed Jamal Eldin mahdavifar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:33 am

Hi Dave
I have installed latest version of simvascular and svsolver on windows 10 with the property of 64G RAM and 4cores CPU. After meshing the model, When I click 'create data files for simulation' in simulation it send error "Failed to finish creating data files". Could you help me.
Thanks
Jamal

David Parker

Re: Failed to finish creating data files

Post by David Parker » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:41 am

Hi Jamal,

You installed svSolver version built on Aug 19, 2022 and you have MPI and Intel Fortran installed?

What are the error messages displayed in the SV terminal window that opens when you start SV?

Are the solver locations in SV Preferences SimVascular Simulation set to the latest installed svSolver programs?

You should also remove the files under C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SimVascular.

Cheers,
Dave

Post by seyed Jamal Eldin mahdavifar » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:22 am

Dear Dave
I apologize for my delay and thanks for your response. My problem has been solved due your advice. I have another question. My computer CPU has 6cores and 64Giga RAM. When my element number becomes 8000000, simvascular couldn't solve simulation. Does this problem relate to CPU core number?
Thanks
Jamal

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:10 am

Hi Jamal,

When you say that simvascular couldn't solve simulation what do you mean, was there an error message or was it just taking too long?

A CFD simulation requires a lot of compute resources. The problem is nonlinear and the matrices that result from a finite element approximation of a 8,000,000 element mesh will be quite large and impossible to solve on a typical workstation. Large problems of this type are run on an HPC cluster with around 40 processors (cores).

Cheers,
Dave

Post by seyed Jamal Eldin mahdavifar » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:46 am

Hi Dave
Thanks for your interest. When I say simvascular couldn't solve I mean it sends message 'simulation job has finished ' but solving isn't done.
Regards
Jamal

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:17 am

Hi Jamal,

When a simulation finishes a popup window should be displayed with Show Details and OK buttons. Select the Show Details button and post here what messages are displayed there.

Cheers,
Dave

Post by seyed Jamal Eldin mahdavifar » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Dear Dave
Thanks for your response. When I run simulation in simvascular it sends 'simulation job has finished '. Details is as follow:
Fatal: Total Element Block Allocation Exceeded.
Use more processors for this problem or modify MAXBLK in the code.
Best
Jamal

David Parker

Post by David Parker » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:05 am

Hi Jamal,

The solver tries to partition a mesh into element blocks based to optimize memory for the number of processors you are using for a simulation. You need to increase the number of processors you are using to run the simulation.

See viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=188&t=14953&p=43362&start=0&view= for more details.

Cheers,
Dave