Moment arms

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Anders Sandholm

Moment arms

Post by Anders Sandholm » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 am

Hi

Quick question, but there is an option to calculate the moment arms in the plot tool. Now, my question is if there is any setting for any of the tools (like the analyser) that will do this for me and print it to a file.
I looked around but didn't find anything.

cheers

Travis Peterson

RE: Moment arms

Post by Travis Peterson » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:50 am

Any of the plotted graphs should be able to be output to a .txt file. Bring your mouse on the plot itself, right click, and go to "export data." You'll get prompted to a screen where you can specify name/directory etc.

Hope this helps.
Travis

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:05 am

Hi Anders,

The plotting tool in the GUI uses the Analyze Tool to run a MuscleAnalysis which computes many quantities of interest about muscles (including all those shown as built-into the plotter). You can Add a MuscleAnalysis to most tools to get this info outside the plotter.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Nur Adila Faruk Senan

Post by Nur Adila Faruk Senan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:47 am

Hey Ayman,
I found out recently that if you just run your analysis with the plot window open, it also gives you all the MuscleAnalysis info without you having to add a MuscleAnalysis manually into any of the tools. Just figured I'd mention it since it seems like a pretty neat thing.

adila

Anders Sandholm

Post by Anders Sandholm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 am

Hi

Thanks, added an MuscleAnalysis... but.. i cant find any documentation what goes in what file. Is there any documentation of this tool?

My question is where do the moment arm length goes?
PREFIX_MuscleAnalysis_Length.sto ?

cheers

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

Anders,

The XML element <moment_arm_coordinate_list> specifies the coordinates we're measuring the moment arms relative to (e.g. pelvis_tx)

When you run the MuscleAnalysis you'll get a set of files with the names (e.g.
model_MuscleAnalysis_MomentArm_pelvis_tx.sto) that contains the moment arms (one column per muscle with corresponding name) about pelvis_tx.

Similar convention is used for Moments.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Michala Cadova

Re: Moment arms

Post by Michala Cadova » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:07 am

Hi,
I run the Analyze tool, since I am interested in the moments’ arms. And I am also wondering, where the results are saved? I got several .sto files (ActiveFibreForce, FiberForce, Force, Length, PennationAngle, etc.), but none is “MomentArm”. What am I doing wrong?

Michala