Scaling Tool error - No model specified

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Rodrigo Mateus

Scaling Tool error - No model specified

Post by Rodrigo Mateus » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:37 am

Hi there,

I am trying to run a Scaling Tool to scale the Lenhart Model, however I am always getting the same message:

Java exception occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: ScaleTool: No model specified.

at org.opensim.modeling.opensimActuatorsAnalysesToolsJNI.ScaleTool_run(Native Method)

at org.opensim.modeling.ScaleTool.run(ScaleTool.java:109)

Even though I already specified the model with this command:
scaling.getGenericModelMaker().setModelFileName('lenhart2015_CAR.osim');

I honestly don't understand why this keeps happening, so if anyone came across this issue or know how to resolve this please respond!

Best regards,

Rodrigo

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Scaling Tool error - No model specified

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:54 am

Hi Rodrigo,

Because the scale tool performs multiple tasks (scaling and marker-placement), each of these steps requires the input model to be specified. Typically the application populates these for you but from Matlab you'll need to specify these file names explicitly including the name of the output file if needed. I'd suggest you review the XML file and check for XML tags that contain "model_file" and make sure they are populated for the task(s) you're executing. Please keep an eye on errors/warnings as it's possible that the file name(s) are specified but the model(s) can't be opened for other reasons (Path issues, typos, working directory issues etc.)

Hope this helps,
-Ayman