Help with OpenSim lower extremities model for climbing

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Christian Ramirez

Help with OpenSim lower extremities model for climbing

Post by Christian Ramirez » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:36 am

Hello to everyone on this forum,

My name is Christian, I am a last semester masters student in bioengineering from Colombia. I am currently trying to use OpenSim to analyze some data from climbing movements on a wall I have in the lab. We are taking the motion data from Vicon Motion Capture cameras and processing it on Nexus. While looking at the webinars I learned I can get the data from Nexus in C3D format and then directly pass it onto OpenSim to run it on a model. I am going to do my first try with this next week. My current concern is that the motion capture I am getting does not include force information as it is being taken directly on the climbing wall so the force place from vicon can not be used. We are currently on the process of doing a climbing hold with force sensors but as it is not from Vicon I think it might not be possible to couple the force data with the motion capture data. Considering most people here know how to use the software better than me, is it possible to run the lower limb model with just the motion capture from the wall and still get data? or better, can I, in some way, couple the data from the separate force sensor on the climbing hold with the C3D one from nexus and run both together on open sim?

Thanks! I will be constantly checking this forum with any news during the process and in order to see if there is anything that anyone need here to help me better.

Tags: