AnalyzeTool via MATLAB

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Finn Eagen

AnalyzeTool via MATLAB

Post by Finn Eagen » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:03 am

Hello,

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with the AnalyzeTool() in Matlab. I looked at previous posts and one of the example files that uses it, but whenever I try to replicate their methods and run it, I end up getting an unknown exception error. Do you have any tips as far as common issues, or alternatively a particularly good example? Additionally, do I have to set up the tool entirely inside of Matlab or is there a way to load a setup.xml file like how you do in the GUI? It would certainly streamline the process if I could.

Any help is appreciated,
Finn

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: AnalyzeTool via MATLAB

Post by Thomas Uchida » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:15 am

The Analyze Tool is versatile but this versatility can make it tricky to configure properly. One strategy is to set up the tool in the GUI, save the setup file, and then load the file in Matlab. Alternatively, you can set up the tool in Matlab; the fields to set can be found by going to Help -> XML Browser in the GUI and selecting AnalyzeTool from the drop-down list. However, depending on what you are trying to do, it may be possible (and simpler) to add an analysis to another Tool you are running rather than running the AnalyzeTool afterwards.

Finn Eagen

Re: AnalyzeTool via MATLAB

Post by Finn Eagen » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Interesting. I have a setup file I made in the GUI, though I don't know how to load it in Matlab. I have been using the analyze tool to get the tension of a PathSpring over a prescribed motion; do let me know if there is a more straight forward way to get this in Matlab.