No excitations found in EMG-Informed analysis

Provides an easy to use toolbox, compatible with OpenSim, for the estimation of the human lower extremity muscle and joint dynamics.
Gustavo Marin Paulon

No excitations found in EMG-Informed analysis

Post by Gustavo Marin Paulon » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:41 pm

Hello everyone!

I have been searching for an answer to the following problem below:

Error: the number of muscle excitations is different from the number of MTUs in the model
Found 0 excitations and 98 MTUs

This happens when I try to run a Closed Loop EMG-Informed simulation. My EMG data is being read correctly (data starts before my lmt data and has the emDelay subtracted), and I believe that I have set everything correctly. Still, I am attaching my files here.

I have also found some people with the same problem in the forum, and one of them got the following solution: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=840&t=13402&p=0&st ... c14a48b504
However, this is not working for me.

Please, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments
executionCL.xml
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
excitationGenerator.xml
(619 Bytes) Downloaded 39 times
emg_test.mot
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
ceinmsExecutionSetupCL.xml
(620 Bytes) Downloaded 44 times
calibrationConfig.xml
(7.43 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

Zakia Hussain

Re: No excitations found in EMG-Informed analysis

Post by Zakia Hussain » Mon May 01, 2023 4:12 am

Hello

I solved this by doing what is mentioned in the link you shared. I just increased the time steps of emg.mot file and it worked fine.

Thank you

Zakia Hussain

Post by Zakia Hussain » Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 am

I have few questions if you could answer them, since no one is active on this forum now.

1) regarding the positive weighing coefficients. Do you manually tune them or you followed the procedure mentioned in https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25458151/?

2) How much does your ADJUSTED emg change from the experimental emg?

Thank you

Regards
Zakia

Gustavo Marin Paulon

Post by Gustavo Marin Paulon » Mon May 01, 2023 8:08 am

Hello Zakia!

First of all, thank you very much for your reply.
zakiahussain wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:12 am
Hello

I solved this by doing what is mentioned in the link you shared. I just increased the time steps of emg.mot file and it worked fine.

Thank you
Regarding the error that I have, I did expand my emg.mot file in order to eliminate this error, but I am still getting it.
The prompt shows the same time value of my lmt and ID, which I believe it is a good sign. Nevertheless, I am attaching my ID file here just to make sure that I am setting things correctly.
If it is not too much, would you mind sharing one example of a closed loop for the EMG-Informed with me?
zakiahussain wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 am
I have few questions if you could answer them, since no one is active on this forum now.

1) regarding the positive weighing coefficients. Do you manually tune them or you followed the procedure mentioned in https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25458151/?

2) How much does your ADJUSTED emg change from the experimental emg?

Thank you

Regards
Zakia
Regarding the post above, honestly, I still haven't looked at this paper. But I have based mine settings in the CEINMS documentation and this paper https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9015005151
Not only that, but since I am still getting the same error, I am not able to tell you how much my EMG values changed.

So, give me a bit of time to go through the paper and finish my first run :D
Please, let's stay in touch in order to discuss about these topics. Appears to me that you are very interested in this as well.

Thanks!

My best regards,
Gustavo
Attachments
inverse_dynamics_good_scaling.zip
(264.26 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Zakia Hussain

Post by Zakia Hussain » Mon May 01, 2023 5:27 pm

Regarding the error that I have, I did expand my emg.mot file in order to eliminate this error, but I am still getting it.
Well i added a lot more timesteps until it worked. So keep adding and see when it starts working thats how i did it :D
If it is not too much, would you mind sharing one example of a closed loop for the EMG-Informed with me?
Here you go.. this shud work for you
s1.zip
(527.11 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
yup! we can
Hope this helps

Good luck!

Zakia Hussain

Post by Zakia Hussain » Sun May 07, 2023 5:33 pm

Hi Gustavo

Just wanted to know how long does your calibration take? What are the specs of your computer?

Thank you

Gustavo Marin Paulon

Post by Gustavo Marin Paulon » Mon May 08, 2023 9:15 am

Hello Zakia!

How are you?

I do not have the exact number that represents time, but I would say that, for 98 MTUs in my model, the calibration phase takes something around half hour to complete for this particular trial. But I would not put this as a definitive time, since I am still running tests.

Right now, my computer specs are pretty good. My CPU is a i9-13900KF.

Hope this can help you.
My best regards,
Gustavo.

PS: I was finally able to run a successful closed-loop execution. My error was related to the frequency of my OpenSim output vs my EMG signal