How to pass CSV or C3D Nexus Data to OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Christian Ramirez

How to pass CSV or C3D Nexus Data to OpenSim

Post by Christian Ramirez » Sun May 28, 2023 2:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently processing some experimental data from climbing motions. This data was taken using nexus with vicon cameras. I got CSV and C3D files with markers properly labelled but I do not have force plate data as the movements were directly taken during the climbing motion. Is it possible to pass this data in C3D and CSV to an usable format to evaluate the results and movements on OpenSim? I have seen a few toolkits but all of them seem to require force plate data. If I don't have force plate data is it impossible to analyze with OpenSim?

Thanks

Tags:

Aaron Fox

Re: How to pass CSV or C3D Nexus Data to OpenSim

Post by Aaron Fox » Mon May 29, 2023 6:21 pm

Hi Christian,

Newer versions of Nexus (post v2.x I think) have an option to export marker data in a TRC format - which is the format used in OpenSim (I believe the export process even re-orients the data to the OpenSim coordinate system standard). You could then use this TRC data in inverse kinematics - but without force data you wouldn't be able to use any of the dynamics related tools (e.g. inverse dynamics, RRA).

Aaron

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue May 30, 2023 12:01 pm

Thanks Aaron,

I'd just add that our C3D reader can extract marker data as well, the process is documented here
https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu/d ... d%29+Files

Hope this helps,
-Ayman

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:00 pm

Hi, markers data in C3D can be easily exported to TRC using MOKKA. Also, several tools are listed here: https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... otion+Data
viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=14773&p=0&start=0&view=