Automated Video File Production

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Andrew Wong

Automated Video File Production

Post by Andrew Wong » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:17 pm

I'd like to programmatically render dozens of *.mot files / segments. Rather than importing each one into OpenSim 4.4 and clicking the play / record buttons, is there a way to do this, perhaps using the command line interface?

Would be ideal to get a movie, or even just individual images, where each frame corresponding to the line/row of marker positions in the *.trc files. For background, the *.mot files were created from running the "opensim-cmd run-tool' command line interface.

Thanks,
Andrew

Tags:

Andrew Wong

Re: Automated Video File Production

Post by Andrew Wong » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:11 am

Follow up questions to this issue:

1. Is there a way to setup the inverse kinematics tool to output results (*.mot) that also include new marker positions? Not just angles for the joints? I can render the new marker positions and that could help get me past this. In other words, can we run just kinematics (i.e., osim model + IK motion file path -> new marker positions output)?
2. I noticed a "viz" / visualizer command tool under "opensim-cmd". I'm running into presumably some linker-library issues from compiling, before diving into this, will this tool allow me to automatically export rendered motion files? Or is it basically the same capabilities as the opensim visualizer in the GUI?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Wong

Re: Automated Video File Production

Post by Andrew Wong » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:32 pm

1. Resolved - IK setup XML file has a boolean field (i.e., <report_marker_locations>) that can be set to true. A new file containing marker positions, presumably the new marker positions, will be created with a "_ik_model_marker_locations" suffix.