How to include a visualisation in a web (html) page ?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jonathan SAVIN

How to include a visualisation in a web (html) page ?

Post by Jonathan SAVIN » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:38 am

Hi every one, did somebody try to include a "Visualizer" canvas in an html page ? I'd like to create a small web-hosted app using the opensim API to visualize a musculosqueletal model in a web page (webGL in a html canvas ?). A quick search on this forum ("visualizer html", "visualizer web page") did not retrieve any corresponding post... If someone has ever tried so, I'd be very interested in !
Thanks in advance

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: How to include a visualisation in a web (html) page ?

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:32 pm

Hi Jonathan,

There're bits and pieces and examples of using WebGl to visualize OpenSim models in custom web applications, however there's no universal viewer to allow for this functionality as of now. We're working on one and it would be great if you, and other interested members, can open issue/feature request on github describing your use cases to make sure we address them during the development.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Jonathan SAVIN

Re: How to include a visualisation in a web (html) page ?

Post by Jonathan SAVIN » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:47 am

Thanks Ayman for your answer. I guess I should open an issue in the opensim-viewer channel on github (https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim-viewer), that's right ?