ModuleNotFound (Ubuntu 20.04)

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Beck Strohmer

ModuleNotFound (Ubuntu 20.04)

Post by Beck Strohmer » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:59 am

I have installed OpenSim on my Linux machine, running Ubuntu 20.04 and using Python 3.8. I used the build script from the OpenSim wiki to install (https://github.com/opensim-org/opensim- ... ructions-1). I had to add the line: DPython3_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python3 into the "Build opensim-core" section of the script, but after that it ran without error. However, when I try to run the sample Python code from ~/opensim-core/Resources/Code/Python, I get the module not found error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'opensim'

I try to force python to see the libraries by running with the following arguments but this does not solve the issue (Note, I am using absolute paths, I just removed my local folders and replaced with ~ for the purposes of this post):

LD_library_path=~/opensim-core/sdk/lib:$LD_library_path=~/opensim-core/sdk/Python/build/lib/opensim PYTHON_PATH=~/opensim-core/sdk/Python python3 build_simple_arm_model.py

I have seen several places the swig4.0 was not supported, however, these were old posts and the build script from the wiki automatically installed swig4.1.1, could this be part of the problem?

Thanks for any advice on how to resolve this issue!

Tags: