How to keep Locked Right Knee Without Movement

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Abdulbaset Benwali

How to keep Locked Right Knee Without Movement

Post by Abdulbaset Benwali » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:55 am

First, I would like to thank you in advance. I am working with gait 2393 model I scaled the model and saved and reopen it, I have created the .mot file from using IK after that I locked all segments in notepad++ I left only the right knee unlocked to run static optimization, RRA and CMC. I notice that when I ran the RRA and CMC I find the right knee is moving without stop. Note that when I ran IK I have right knee locked. After that I unlock the right knee to run the SO,RRA, and CMC. If you any recommendation how to keep the right knee fixed not moving during the simulation. Thanks a lot.

Tags:

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: How to keep Locked Right Knee Without Movement

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:45 am

Hi, if you increase the weight of your desired coordinate in the RRA/CMC tracking task files, the coordinate will be tracked more tightly.

Abdulbaset Benwali

Post by Abdulbaset Benwali » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:42 am

Good day Dr. Rezaie,
I thank you for your help. I have made the changes to increase the weight as you see in the attached. When I ran it the right knee still moving. what is the value I should to recommend. Please advise. Thank you again.
Attachments
Right Knee Weight.pptx
(117.53 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Abdulbaset Benwali

Post by Abdulbaset Benwali » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:09 pm

Hello Dear,
Please slide number 2 and 3 to shown how the right knee is moving. Thanks a lot.
Attachments
Right Knee Weight.pptx
(593.54 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:10 pm

I'm [not a PhD] not sure if I understand your workflow and its rational. Could you elaborate?
I have created the .mot file from using IK after that I locked all segments in notepad++ I left only the right knee unlocked to run static optimization, RRA and CMC.
when I ran IK I have right knee locked. After that I unlock the right knee to run the SO,RRA, and CMC.

Abdulbaset Benwali

Post by Abdulbaset Benwali » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:08 am

Hello Mr. Rezaie,
The issue is how to keep the right knee from rotating during the simulation of RRA and CMC. Note that all segments of the body are locked and the right knee unlocked. which have done that in Notepad++. Note. my motion file made it to keep the right knee not to move. Thank you so much