Missing Session

New project for OpenCap, which is a new software package to estimate 3D human movement dynamics from smartphone videos. OpenCap strongly relies on OpenSim.
Jeevinthiran Karunagaran

Missing Session

Post by Jeevinthiran Karunagaran » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:26 am

Hello,

I'm trying to find of of the sessions I recorded that has seemed to disappear. The only information I have on the session is my subject name and the date in which I made the recording. The subject can be seen on the subject list of my profile but is not tied to any sessions. How would I go about seeing if I can recover the data as the entire session contains about 37 recordings.

Help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Jeevin

Bernhard Faerber

Re: Missing Session

Post by Bernhard Faerber » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:33 am

Hi Jeevin,

I am currently dealing with the same issue after trying to reprocess some sessions locally with the OpenSim Core from Github.

Have you tried opening a different session in your browser and swapping the session ID for the one of your lost session (assuming you have noted the session ID in question).

Maxybe you can also try to reprocess the sessions locally (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk3KPo79_eQ).
If successfull, the data should be reuploaded to S3.

It will be interesting to hear the solution to our problem.

Regards,
Bernhard

Jeevinthiran Karunagaran

Post by Jeevinthiran Karunagaran » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:53 am

Dear Bernhard,

I might have (not entirely sure) already reprocessed it locally, but I could not find where I did it (I work with multiple pc's and its quite a mess 🥹. And i've been working with opencap for some time already). I also don't have the session ID (the recording was carried out on the 23rd of July) , meaning I can't reprocess it locally. All I have is the subject name and the date as informed before and looking for someone who can check if the session is still available in the opencap servers.

I know sometimes the session disappears from the servers if the neutral trial breaks. But i'm not sure if this is why my recording is missing.

Regards,
Jeevin

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:54 am

Hi,

Your session disappears from the list if there isn't at least two successful trials. This is something we might want to change moving forward to avoid the problems you are having. Could you please give me your username, I will try to find your missing session. Please confirm it was recorded on the 23rd of July.

Antoine

Jeevinthiran Karunagaran

Post by Jeevinthiran Karunagaran » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:17 am

antoinefalisse wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:54 am
Hi,

Your session disappears from the list if there isn't at least two successful trials. This is something we might want to change moving forward to avoid the problems you are having. Could you please give me your username, I will try to find your missing session. Please confirm it was recorded on the 23rd of July.

Antoine
Hello Antoine,

My username is "Jeevin", and yes I can confirm it was recorded on the 23rd of July, the subject used in the recording is 'Suraz'.

Thank you very much for the help. I think leaving the recordings as is if at least the neutral pose is successful might be useful as we can always reprocess the trials locally (if there are no other issues)

Regards,
Jeevin

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:45 pm

We will change the logic, here is your session ID: 86c81225-c9d7-4c08-9ce7-b8495adde6ad

Bernhard Faerber

Post by Bernhard Faerber » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:19 am

Hello,

I am facing the same issue as Jeevinthiran.

The original ID of the session I can no longer access was: 37cd3b27-0391-40e8-82bb-6b7313f42a59

Is it possible for you to restore this session too?

Thank you in advance.

Bernhard

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:03 am

We can reprocess it so that it shows up again, is that what you want?

Bernhard Faerber

Post by Bernhard Faerber » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:02 am

Hello Antoine,

that's exactly what I am hoping you can accomplish.

Best,
Bernhard

Antoine Falisse

Post by Antoine Falisse » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:31 pm

Sure, the session is being reprocessed. Should be all done soon.
Antoine