Moco on data I do not own

Upload mocap files and get an optimally scaled OpenSim model and IK back in minutes. Share your data with the community. Browse and download biomechanics data. Hosted by Stanford University.

Available at https://addbiomechanics.org
Pagnon David

Moco on data I do not own

Post by Pagnon David » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Hello everyone,

Do you plan to make it possible to run the "advanced options" on data I do not own? And in particular, to run a MocoInverse problem?

Thanks for your precious work,
David

Nicholas Bianco

Re: Moco on data I do not own

Post by Nicholas Bianco » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:36 am

Hi David,

All results on AddBiomechanics are free to download, so you can always create a new subject page to run the advanced Moco option (or create a new MocoStudy locally).

Best,
Nick

Pagnon David

Post by Pagnon David » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:33 pm

I was just wondering if there was a way because I thought it would not make sense to upload twice the same dataset. But that's right, those two options work, too!

Keenon Werling

Post by Keenon Werling » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:39 pm

It's also worth emphasizing that Moco is a standalone tool that you can use outside of AddBiomechanics, also. The AddBiomechanics integration is just for your convenience, so you don't have to set up the problem yourself, but AddBiomechanics does require that you share the data that you upload with the community. If for legal reasons you can't do that, then you can still use OpenSim and Moco on your data through their own APIs. You can read more about Moco on its site: https://opensim-org.github.io/opensim-moco-site/

Pagnon David

Post by Pagnon David » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:38 pm

I'm aware of that, but thanks for the reminder!