Issues with the Analyze tool

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Guido Resmini

Issues with the Analyze tool

Post by Guido Resmini » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:48 am

Dear all,
I'm trying to export the values of the forces from my model. If I use Plot I get values of hundreds of newtons, while if I use Analyze, the values I get are in the order of hundreds of kilonewtons. If then I go back to plot and I put "states" on the x-axis instead of the motion I imposed, the values are high, too. I've also tried with other models and there is the same apparent inconsistency between the values.
Can anybody explain me what are the reasons for this inconsistency? And, most importantly, which values should I trust?
Thank you anticipately,
Guido

Tags:

Thomas Uchida

Re: Issues with the Analyze tool

Post by Thomas Uchida » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:04 pm

It's difficult to diagnose the issue without more detail about what specifically you are plotting, what Tool you were using, etc. If the forces you wish to export are muscle forces and you are running the Static Optimization or CMC Tool, then you can add a MuscleAnalysis to the setup file. The muscle forces would then be written to file after running the SO/CMC Tool without performing any additional steps.