OpenSim Tutorial 1 error

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Jason Addi

OpenSim Tutorial 1 error

Post by Jason Addi » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:26 am

Hi I've been trying to complete the OpenSim tutorial 1 for the start of my master's project. Whenever I load the gait2392 model into opensim it loads as crouch in the navigator window. Then when I try to load the gait2392 motion file along with the model an error appears saying "could not associate motion to current model". Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: OpenSim Tutorial 1 error

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:09 pm

Hi Jason,

Considering that we literally have hundreds of students using the tutorial without an issue, I suspect that the problem lies with the instructions you received to run the tutorial rather than with the tutorial itself. If you can provide more context as to what version of the software you're using, and where you found the model/data files to run the tutorial that would be helpful. Tutorial 1 has motion files for normal gait and crouch gait so fundamentally there's nothing wrong here, other than possibly somebody overwriting the model file with another one that have the model in crouch pose or setting the default pose to crouch.

You can always get a fresh version of the models/data files by typing "installResources()" in the scripting shell and saving these in a new folder and using this fresh copy to start.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman