Could not create object of type: Model

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
Ali Forouzanfar

Could not create object of type: Model

Post by Ali Forouzanfar » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 am

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble opening any OpenSim 4 models in SCONE and keep getting the error message:

"Could not create object of type: Model"

Things I've tried:

File Format: I've double-checked that the models are in .osim format. I've even tried re-generating them within OpenSim.
Compatibility: Could there be a compatibility problem? My SCONE version is 2.3.0.2844, and the OpenSim models I'm using were created with OpenSim 4.4.
Cross-Platform: I've experienced this error on both macOS and Linux, which makes me doubt it's OS-specific.
Example Models: Frustratingly, I get the same error even when trying to load the basic example models from OpenSim 4.
Details:

Operating Systems: macOS, Linux
SCONE Version: 2.3.0.2844
OpenSim Version: 4.4
I'm really stuck on this. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any help with potential causes or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: Could not create object of type: Model

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:20 am

My sincere apologies, but OpenSim 4 is currently not supported on Linux and macOS. It is supported only on Windows.

I realize that the error message isn't very helpful here; I will change it to be more informative on Linux and macOS. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience.

Ali Forouzanfar

Re: Could not create object of type: Model

Post by Ali Forouzanfar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:25 pm

Okay, thanks for the update! I understand OpenSim 4 models are currently Windows-only in SCONE. I really hope support for macOS gets added in the future it would be fantastic! Thanks for the help."