Perturbation Controller

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
Mila Wetz

Perturbation Controller

Post by Mila Wetz » Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:19 pm

Hello,

I am trying to apply a continuous force that changes position and magnitude using the perturbation controller and defining the force using the sine wave function. However, I keep getting an error and the controller parameters are not showing up in the optimizable parameters window. Is it possible to use the perturbation controller to apply a force continuously and gradually change the location and magnitude? Or is there a better way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Mila

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: Perturbation Controller

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:39 am

The PerturbationController is only useful if you wish to apply a constant force for a specific amount of time. For more complex use cases, you should use the ScriptController.

Tutorial 6c shows an example of a more complicated perturbation (it is a torque in this case, but the idea is the same):

https://scone.software/doku.php?id=tuto ... nce_device

Let me know if this helps!