Converting Scaled RajagopalLaiUhlrich2023 and Improved RRA Output Models to Hyfydy Format

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
Ali Forouzanfar

Converting Scaled RajagopalLaiUhlrich2023 and Improved RRA Output Models to Hyfydy Format

Post by Ali Forouzanfar » Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:09 am

Hi everyone,

I am working with the scaled RajagopalLaiUhlrich2023 model and an improved RRA output model. I'm looking for guidance on how to represent these models in the Hyfydy format.

Specifically, I would appreciate any of the following:

Step-by-step instructions for converting these specific models to Hyfydy.

Tutorials or resources that demonstrate the conversion process for similar musculoskeletal models.

Example Hyfydy code snippets showcasing the representation of relevant model components (e.g., joints, muscles) based on the RajagopalLaiUhlrich2023 model.

Any help or insights on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: Converting Scaled RajagopalLaiUhlrich2023 and Improved RRA Output Models to Hyfydy Format

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:53 am

The model you mention is probably not suitable for predictive simulations with forward dynamics. It is best to use the models in the Examples and Tutorials folders as a starting point.

For more information, see:

https://scone.software/doku.php?id=doc:model

Ali Forouzanfar

Re: Converting Scaled RajagopalLaiUhlrich2023 and Improved RRA Output Models to Hyfydy Format

Post by Ali Forouzanfar » Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:19 am

Thank you for your reply

To clarify my question, I'm looking for a 3D OpenSim model that would be suitable for forward dynamic simulations of walking and running. I'm planning to scale the chosen model using gait data of walking and running and then implement it in the Hyfydy format.

Specifically, I'd like to know:

Of the models Gait2354, Gait2392, and Rajagopal, which would be most appropriate for my needs, you mentioned the Rajagopal model might not be suitable for forward dynamics. Could you elaborate on why that is?

If none of these models are ideal, could you recommend any other OpenSim models that include hand dynamics and are suitable for forward dynamic simulations of walking and running?

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:47 am

If you need an OpenSim version of the model only for scaling, then please note that you can also scale any Hyfydy model directly in SCONE. The most recent release has an example scenario on how to do this:

Gait2D - GeyerHerr2010 - Scaled - Hyfydy.scone

This scaling method works with any Hyfydy model.

For most Hyfydy models, there is an OpenSim equivalent, but they are not all up-to-date. Please let me know if any model in the Examples folder is suitable for your needs.