How to adjust muscle mass in opensim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
世宣 黃

How to adjust muscle mass in opensim

Post by 世宣 黃 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:05 am

I would like to ask if someone can tell me whether I can modify the amount of lower limb muscle mass in the Gait2354_Simbody file?
Or tell me any method that can change the muscle mass of the lower limbs, thank you

Tags:

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: How to adjust muscle mass in opensim

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:59 am

Hi, both Thelen2003Muscle and Millard2012EquilibriumMuscle models assume that the mass of the muscles are negligible. They are only applicable and accessible through useProvidedMass in Umberger2010MuscleMetabolics and Bhargava2004MuscleMetabolics probes.

世宣 黃

Post by 世宣 黃 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Hello, I am new to opensim and not very good at using it.
Could you please tell me if the information you uploaded is related to how to change muscle mass in the lower limbs?

Thomas Uchida

Post by Thomas Uchida » Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:11 pm

As stated in the answer above, the muscle models do not account for muscle mass directly: the mass of the muscles would be lumped into the mass of the body segment. However, if the mass of a muscle were to increase due to strength training, for example, that would also increase the muscle's maximum isometric force. The maximum isometric force is a property of the muscle models in OpenSim and can be changed in the GUI (see the "Property Editor and Outputs List" page in the documentation: https://opensimconfluence.atlassian.net ... tputs+List).