Error during Contact Simulation in GUI

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Priyanshu Agarwal

Error during Contact Simulation in GUI

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to run the example TugOfWar_Complete in the OpenSim GUI (Ver 2.0.2) for inverse dynamics. I'm getting the following error even when the .obj file is present in the same folder with the model. Any comments on why would OpenSim throw this exception?

Exception:
Error loading mesh file: blockRemesh192.obj. The file should exist in same folder with model.
Loading is aborted.

Thanks.

Regards,
Priyanshu

Ayman Habib

RE: Error during Contact Simulation in GUI

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Priyanshu,

Can you try having the setup file in the same folder with the model? Are you using absolute or relative paths? Please let me know your directory structure.

Thanks,
-Ayman

Priyanshu Agarwal

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Ayman,

The simulation runs fine when I execute it using analyze command. However, when I run it from the GUI it fails even when the setup file is in the same folder. So, everything is in the folder C:\Program Files\OpenSim 2.0\bin including the OpenSim setup file, osim model file, .mot motion file, .obj contact geomerty file and other .vtp geometry files.

Regards,
Priyanshu

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Priyanshu,

Please report a bug and attach the files and a setup file to document what GUI is trying to do and I'll investigate.

Thanks,
-Ayman

Priyanshu Agarwal

Post by Priyanshu Agarwal » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Ayman,

I have another question regarding this analysis. During inverse dynamics analysis does the simulation take into account the unknown contact forces.

Regards,
Priyanshu