error using API examples

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Moe Curtin

error using API examples

Post by Moe Curtin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 am

I am trying to work through the developers guide for OpenSim 2.2.1. I have compiled and built the tugofwar_complete example, but when I try to run the executable I get the message "tugofwar_complete.exe has stopped working" and the window closes. The testOpenSimAPI executable works ok when I run it in the ExampleMain folder.

I have tried it on windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit and the same problem occurs.

I am using CMake 2.8.5 and Visual Studio 2008 express.

Could anybody point me in the right direction?

Ayman Habib

RE: error using API examples

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Moe,

The first step to troubleshoot would be to run in Release with debug info and see which line causes the problem (if it can get started).

The very likely reason for this would be the difference in the Visual Studio versions in use. the testOpenSimAPI program is built with the same version as the OpenSim libraries while your main program is built using a different version. Which installer for OpenSim2.2.1 did you use (we have one built for VS8Pro, and another for VS9Pro).

The next release beta has a 2010Express build so you may want to get that instead, and try it out as VS2008Express is being obsoleted by Microsoft.

Good luck and please let me know how that goes,
-Ayman

Moe Curtin

RE: error using API examples

Post by Moe Curtin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 am

I needed the VS9 version, thanks a million for the help, it works great now!