Ground reaction force data

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Moe Curtin

Ground reaction force data

Post by Moe Curtin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:13 am

I am currently trying to scale and run the gait2354 model from data obtained using a CODA mpx30 system. The marker scaling and inverse kinematics is working fine, but I'm having trouble with the ground reaction force data. I am able to output ground reaction forces (XYZ) from left and right force plates using the CODA system but there does not seem to be an option to output any moments. Is it possible to calculate these somehow? This is my first time working with a system like this so maybe I'm missing something simple. Has anybody had any problems like this?

Thanks!

Bingyi Long

Re: Ground reaction force data

Post by Bingyi Long » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 am

I find there is no "subject01_walk1_grf.xml",but "subject01_walk1_grf.mot",So
how you can input Ground reaction force date ??

Ayman Habib

Post by Ayman Habib » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Bingyi,

As of version 2.0 and later, we introduced the .xml file to specify how the forces specified in .mot files are applied to the model, this includes specifying what frame the forces are in and which bodies they are applied to. Please check the latest distribution for example files and the user guide section on creating external loads and let us know if you have any questions.

-Ayman

Bingyi Long

Post by Bingyi Long » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 am

aymanh wrote:Hi Bingyi,

As of version 2.0 and later, we introduced the .xml file to specify how the forces specified in .mot files are applied to the model, this includes specifying what frame the forces are in and which bodies they are applied to. Please check the latest distribution for example files and the user guide section on creating external loads and let us know if you have any questions.

-Ayman
Thank you very much, I get it :D