Inverse Kinematic new problem?

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Caterina Passini

Inverse Kinematic new problem?

Post by Caterina Passini » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 am

Hi, Today I have a problem with the Inverse Kinematics tools, I used it several time in my 3 models and it has always worked fine! Yesterday I was working with the Inverse Dynamic tool and I tried to use the preview Motion to see the forces and motion synchronized but they didn’t were ok, anyway I turned off the Pc and that’s all… Today I retried but when I load the IK motion results my model doesn’t move anywhere! I restarted to use the inverse Kinematic tool from the begin, with all my 3 models, loading files…( I used the unchanged files of yesterday and of the previous days…) and the program works, it permits me to run and doesn’t show me any error, but the models doesn’t move anywhere, time in the slide goes on, but the model doesn’t move! They don’t make a step, neither the walk, and I can’t understand what’s wrong since the file are the same of yesterday, and yesterday It worked! :o
Does anybody have some ideas? Maybe it’s just a stupid thing, but I can get out of it …

p.s
I also noticed that if I look at the Coordinates window, while I'm running the the motion, the slide move, it's just the model who doesn't move...

Thank you very much
Caterina

Ayman Habib

Re: Inverse Kinematic new problem?

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 am

Hi Caterina,

I remember seeing something similar once that (I suspect) is due to a timing issue related to restoring the last set of open models that causes the graphics window to be disconnected from the underlying models downstream. The issue couldn't be reproduced but was resolved by closing the view window and opening a fresh one after the models were loaded. Please try that and let me know how it goes. If you can reproduce the problem consistently then please file a bug report and attach all the models/files necessary to reproduce it and we'll investigate.

Best regards,
-Ayman

Caterina Passini

Re: Inverse Kinematic new problem?

Post by Caterina Passini » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi Ayman, Thank you very much, before I read this post I decided to re-install the program, I didn’t change anything else, and then everything was ok. I’m sorry but I didn’t found other way to get out of it in that moment! But If the problem will occur one more time I’ll try your suggestion.
Thank you! :)
Caterina