DOF's at the knee

Provide models that can estimate force and moment generating capacity of the lower limb and reveal relationships between muscle architecture and function.
Joshua Twiggs

DOF's at the knee

Post by Joshua Twiggs » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello,

I'm hoping to do a forward dynamics gait analysis study on a patient set that includes abnormal adduction/abduction angles at the knee. My first approach has been to take your model and decouple the single DOF joint from the Walker et al study measurements. However, as i'm sure you can imagine there are concerns regarding the validity of the model at high ranges of these angles. I was wondering if you have any insight into whether I could use wrap objects to build a functional model w.r.t muscle wrapping and accurate moment arms about the knee joint, or if perhaps you could point me in the direction of an already produced model with adduction/abduction and tibial rotation degrees of freedom at the knee joint in a full gait system? As far as I can tell, the prevailing approach appears to be a bundled single DOF angle at the knee in a fair few models i've looked at.

I'd be grateful for any help you can provide!

Joshua