Gait2354_simbody

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
abeer mohamed

Gait2354_simbody

Post by abeer mohamed » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 am

Hi
can I use gait2354_simbody model to process data captured from tranfemoral amputees subjects
thanks
abeer

Ayman Habib

Re: Gait2354_simbody

Post by Ayman Habib » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Abeer,

The strength of OpenSim comes from its ability to make realistic simulations that you can validate against experimental data. This requires using a model that captures the details that you consider important to what you want to study. For example, our gait models do not have enough details for upper extremity and torso muscles but have fairly detailed lower extremities. So, the answer to your question regarding what model you can use depends on what you need to study/capture. Gait2354_simbody has a reduced number of muscles for performance/educational purposes. Please consult the support site page below on the models distributed with OpenSim and let us know if you continue to have questions.

http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... Sim+Models

Best regards,
-Ayman

abeer mohamed

Re: Gait2354_simbody

Post by abeer mohamed » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 am

Hi Aymen
gait2354_simbody has fairly detailed lower extremities for my study, however this model simulates 2 normal legs while in my study one of those leg will be replaced by the prosthetic device ( since I study gait for tranfemoral amputees) which is mainly pure mechanical prosthesis, therefore, all shank muscles and part of the thigh muscles are not exist. So my question is gait2354_simbody can be used for this study or this model has to be modified first to adapt the prosthesis parts.