Xsens (c3d) to OpenSim

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Bruno Mazuquin

Xsens (c3d) to OpenSim

Post by Bruno Mazuquin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:46 am

Hi everyone!

Our lab have the xsens kinematic system and it is possible to export the file as c3d. I have already watched the video about the conversion of c3d file to .trc and .mot, but xsens gives me only one c3d file, I don't have a static trial, just the dynamic.

Which steps must I follow? Could someone help me? If a record a static trial will I solve my problem?

Best Regards

Bruno Mazuquin

Jennifer Hicks

Re: Xsens (c3d) to OpenSim

Post by Jennifer Hicks » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:42 am

Bruno -

I'd suggest reading through the User Guide, starting with the section that gives an overview of the typical OpenSim workflow:

http://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:80 ... m+Workflow

The following chapters about Preparing your data, the Scale Tool, and the Inverse Kinematics Tool also have a lot of information relevant to your question.

The short answer is that you would use a static trial to Scale a generic model to match your particular subject and then dynamic trials (from the same experimental data capture session) to get joint kinematics (with IK), kinetics (with ID), etc.

Best wishes,
Jen

Rodrigo Bini

Re: Xsens (c3d) to OpenSim

Post by Rodrigo Bini » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Bruno,

I managed to adapt some Matlab codes that allows XSens users to export the coordinates from the C3D files into TRC files that OpenSim would accept.
Happy to share these codes with you (bini.rodrigo@gmail.com.).
Regards,
Rodrigo