Hyoid bone

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Michala Cadova

Hyoid bone

Post by Michala Cadova » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:35 am

Hello,
Does anybody have the geometry for the hyoid bone? I don’t think it is the geometry folder that came with the installation.

Michala

Pierre Lamouri

Re: Hyoid bone

Post by Pierre Lamouri » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 am

Hi Michala,

I am also looking for this geometry. Have you found it during your research ?

Cheers

Pierre

Michala Cadova

Post by Michala Cadova » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 am

H Pierre,
At our lab (laboratory of biomechanics, CTU in Prague, CZ) we are step by step getting the geometry of a whole body. Therefore, I was able to get this bone as well (even though I did not use it in the end).

Michala

Pierre Lamouri

Post by Pierre Lamouri » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 am

Hi Michala,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for the late (I didn't check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" square)

I am using Vasavada Neck model fo find muscle activation for different movements (extension, flexion, rotation, etc.) And I would like to add the hyoïd bone with its muscle on the musculoskeletal model. I already have found the muscles insertion, but it would be great if I could have the file describing the geometry ( .bin, .vtp or .asc format)

If you could, please kindly let me know if you can give me any file as the cited one to help me ? It would be very very formidable..!

Cheers,

Pierre