add distributed force to model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
saeed aram

add distributed force to model

Post by saeed aram » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:06 am

hello

i want to add a distributed force to my lowerlimb model so i want to know what is the best way to impose that through MATLAB?
(e.g add lots of point force to model by prescribedforce function or any function in matlab exist for distributed force)

Tags:

Ajay Seth

Re: add distributed force to model

Post by Ajay Seth » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:22 am

Adding PrescribedForces seems like the right way to go if you want apply external forces at known points on the model as functions of time. If it is point forces between bodies in the model, then use a variant of a PointToPointForce (Spring, ExpressionBased or Actuator).

saeed aram

Re: add distributed force to model

Post by saeed aram » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:37 pm

aseth wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:22 am
Adding PrescribedForces seems like the right way to go if you want apply external forces at known points on the model as functions of time. If it is point forces between bodies in the model, then use a variant of a PointToPointForce (Spring, ExpressionBased or Actuator).
thanks for your response ...my main question is that is there any function like prescribedforce() in matlab or API programming(c++) exist to define distributed force?(if not i must use lots of point forces along body) because i want to add distributed external force along shank and thigh.