Experimental markers after scaling doesnot overlay on the model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Mritula Chandrasekaran

Experimental markers after scaling doesnot overlay on the model

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:08 pm

HI,
I tried scaling my base model using Opensim 4.1 GUI first with the option Preview (no marker movement) selected. This scaling worked fine, the markers were over the scaled model as expected. Hence, I saved the settings for ScaleSetup.xml file to use the same for other subjects from Matlab. But when I scale from matlab and view thus the scaled models through GUI, the markers are moved away from the model as shown in the attachment(MovedMArkers.png). Can you kindly help on what shoud be done to overcome this? Have attached all basic files along with this request for your reference.

Thanks,
Mritula
Attachments
OpensimScalingReq.zip
(141.18 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

Tags:

Dimitar Stanev

Re: Experimental markers after scaling doesnot overlay on the model

Post by Dimitar Stanev » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:40 am

Hi Mritula,

I think that you are using the marker adjustment and not the marker scaling in the setup file. In your png file this is the second section. The scaling tool performs two things:

1. scale the model (you have to provide the .trc in in Marker data for measurements).
2. after scaling the model, it adjusts the marker positions to best fit the experimental data (this is the second part: Adjust Model Markers).

Sometimes, the scale tool might not export all the options properly so that you can run in in Matlab or command line. In that case, you have to manually open the .xml file with an editor and fill the missing entries.

Mritula Chandrasekaran

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:40 am

Hi Dimitar,
Thanks for your reply. I did try as you said. Gave the static.trc file in scale model and adjust model marker sections, but still the same. Can you let me know how am I to include preview static pose(no marker moment) in the setup xml file? And by filling the missing entries what do you exactly mean?

Thanks,
Mritula

Mritula Chandrasekaran

Post by Mritula Chandrasekaran » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 am

Hi,
I did the same with Opensim 3.3 but it works fine. The markers are over the model when I load it in Opensim 3.3. I have attached the Setupscale XML used for Opensim 3.3 as well
Attachments
Opensim33_Scaled.xml
(9.69 KiB) Downloaded 69 times