Opensim.... in cycling

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Andrea Morelli

Opensim.... in cycling

Post by Andrea Morelli » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi to all.
I'm involved in cycling kinematics in my daily work and would like to start a project with opensim to study cycling biomechanics.
I'm not an engeneer but I start to study how to use Opensim to build a model for my simulation (and is not so easy :-) )
My dream is to use Opensim to improve cycling performance but also to help athlets with knee injuries or other problem.
I can collect kinematics, kinetics (for now only 2 component of force for rigth crank) and EMG data.
Anybody have interests in this filed ?
I read someone in the forum is involved in cycling.
Let me know what you think about that.

Thank you
Andrea

Daniel Leib

RE: Opensim.... in cycling

Post by Daniel Leib » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:56 am

Hi Andrea,

I've done a bit with OpenSim in cycling, but thus far have only used it for kinematic analysis. We compared joint and musculotendon kinematics between two cycling conditions and the software performed admirably.

I collected EMG for use in that experiment as well, but thus far haven't tried to use it in OpenSim due to work on other projects. We also just got in some 3D force cranks, so hopefully we'll both be embarking on implementing cycling forces around the same time so we don't bombard the developers with too many questions :)

Have a good one,

Dan

Saad Khan

Re: Opensim.... in cycling

Post by Saad Khan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi Andrea,

I have started to explore Opensim and am looking for kinematics dataset for generating cycling simulation. Would it be possible for you to share the kinematics dataset?

Stay blessed.