Gait stance sagittal distance default values (GH example)

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
D T

Gait stance sagittal distance default values (GH example)

Post by D T » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi Thomas,

I've been spending time converting the ControllerGH2010.scone and associated C++ functions to a MATLAB scripting set for some use in personal projects. I have had a relatively straightforward time so far (thanks to the GitHub repository and documentation), however I cannot seem to find the default values for determining gait state.

ControllerGH2010.scone uses a stance_load_threshold to determine "stance" vs. "swing". This is straightforward. However, it does not seem to define landing_threshold, late_stance_threshold, and liftoff_threshold that are attributes of GaitStateController. The documentation page does not list default distance values for these attributes.

What way does SCONE determine these three threshold values in this gait example? Are they a function of model height? Are there predetermined default values?

Thank you for any/all help,
Dylan Trainor

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: Gait stance sagittal distance default values (GH example)

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 am

landing_threshold, late_stance_threshold and liftoff_threshold are based on the relative sagittal position of the foot compared to the base body (i.e. the pelvis). They are both measured in fraction of leg length, and default to 0, 0 and -1 respectively. I'll update the documentation!