Calculate ground force

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Wan Zihao

Calculate ground force

Post by Wan Zihao » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi!
Recently I have learned the "Simulation-Based Design to Reduce Metabolic Cost", I successfully ran the CMC tool :lol: . Now I want to use this tool to evaluate my own exoskeleton. I want to compare the total metabolism with and without the exoskeleton to verify if my exoskeleton control algorithm is good enough.
I have got the kinematics data. But I can not run RRA or CMC with out a ground force file(like "subject01_walk_grf.mot" in example), how can I do this?

Tags:

Carmichael Ong

Re: Calculate ground force

Post by Carmichael Ong » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am

The ground force data from the example is from experimentally collected data from force plates. This is typical for generating simulation through inverse methods (e.g., CMC and static optimization), so it's generally advised that you provide experimental data for your trial as well.

If you want to compare total metabolic cost of walking in an experimental trial, it might be even better to measure that through non-simulation means (e.g., indirect calorimetry), as it will give you a better estimate than simulation.