Old version storage/motion file encountered

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yunus Rezvanifar

Old version storage/motion file encountered

Post by Yunus Rezvanifar » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:04 am

Hello
Happy new year to everyone!
I'm trying to open "Multiple Speed Walking Simulations" models and run some extra analyses in my OpenSim 3.3 but the models does not open correctly and GUI and coordinates window remain empty.
I tried to load associated motions in the mentioned simulation package but the mentioned error pops up.
I tried to convert the .osim file to my current version by the Convert tool in the GUI but even the converted osim file had the same problem.

Is there a way for me to do some extra analysis on the "Multiple Speed Walking Simulations" data set using the Analyses tool?

Best.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (143.39 KiB) Viewed 300 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Old version storage/motion file encountered

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:58 am

Hello Yunus,

The message window suggests that the model file you're reading is a rather old format (before version 2.0), if you download version an earlier version of the software (e.g. 2.4) and use that to open/save the model then it's possible it will open correctly in versions 3 & 4. Failure to associate motion is a downstream effect of that since the model didn't open properly as seen in the navigator. The message about old format storage file is just FYI and has no downstream side-effects.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman