Scaling my model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Felix Kraus

Scaling my model

Post by Felix Kraus » Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 am

Hi everyone,

at the moment I am facing a Problem using the Scaling-Tool. Im working with a Full Body Model (MaleFullBodyModel_v2.0_OS4) and i rearranged the markerset. I tried to scale the model manually with an overall Scale-Factor of 0.85. On one of the first tries my model completely exploded, and now the scaling-tool isnt working at all as soon as i try it. Did someone experience something similar and/or can show me a way to scale my model with a generall scale factor? Thank you in advance!

Best regards
Felix

Tags:

Felix Kraus

Re: Scaling my model

Post by Felix Kraus » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:14 am

The Messages are sayin: Couldn't find file '5midph_l.vtp' and so on... can this be a reason? but those missing files should be there...
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (560.01 KiB) Viewed 235 times

Ayman Habib

Re: Scaling my model

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:08 am

Hello,

The missing geometry/mesh files, while Scaling, was fixed in version 4.2, however this is just a visualization issue and I expect everything else including the muscles to be scaled as expected. Unfortunately words like exploding, not-working do not give us enough details to troubleshoot or identify the potential issue. Also whether the model scaled problem-free without your changes, and if so what changes did you make. If the model was created by somebody else, I'd recommend you contact the model authors to ask about supported functionality and what versions of OpenSim was the model developed/tested in.

Best regards,
-Ayman