scale IK model

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Yan Junlan

scale IK model

Post by Yan Junlan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:05 am

Hello all,
I have some problem in scaling the model in the GUI. The marker points are only on the volunteers' lower limbs and pelvis, and the torso is not fixed with markers,as show in fig 1,2,which contain the virtual and experimental marker at the same time. I scaled the model until the marker errors drops to the required value,RMS=0.0125409,max=0.0206143 . However,When I run the IK,the model's torso is deformed in the coronal plane,as in fig 3.
So,I don't konw if it is the porblem of marker only fixed on the lower limb,which will influence the movement of pelvis.In this case, I need to re-attach the marker all over the body for data collection.Or maybe I can further adjust the marker on the lower limb to solve the porblem.I don't know how to do to solve the problem.
Hope your reply sincerely
Thank you
Last edited by Yan Junlan on Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

Yan Junlan

Re: scale IK model

Post by Yan Junlan » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:08 am

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: scale IK model

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:23 pm

Hi,

You can remove the torso segment and just keep the pelvis and lower limb. The OSIM files (XML codes) are editable in any text editors (e.g. Notepad++).

Other solution is locking the coordinates between torso and pelvis before running IK, but not recommend.

Best,
Mohammadreza