amputee model using powered prosthesis forward dynamics simulation

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
hesam boroomand

amputee model using powered prosthesis forward dynamics simulation

Post by hesam boroomand » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:26 am

Dear all viewers
I am trying to perform simulation of a transtibial amputee using the powered prosthesis in opensim. I have edited a modified gait2354 model (using MATLAB scripting and XML file editing) which has been modified to simulate an amputee with passive prosthesis (https://simtk.org/projects/bkamputee_model and https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cnm.2936( its related publication)).
I thought that I can feed muscle excitations to this model and then tune my prosthesis controller. However, when I give an intact person excitations which is output of a performed CMC, the model collapses. Important thing is that I do simulation in MATLAB using osimSimulate function which is available in opensim 4.2 directory. Now I suspected on possibility of doing such simulation and face to some questions that I will ask:

-First is it possible to simulate gait open-loop using EMG only relying on scaling tool for calibrating model?

-Second, assuming that there is no experimental datas, can opensim help me to do simulation with mentioned edited model?

-Third, when i want to open edited model in MATLAB, osimSimulate visualizer could not import geometry of prosthesis and modified bones of amputee used in mentioned project (Links above). Do you have any idea why this is happening?

-Finally, can CNEIMS help me perform my simulation?

*with help of dynamic walker builder project (available in opensim 4.2 directory) i used contactsphere and Huntcrossleyforce to model contact with ground.

excuse me for my weak english
Thank you in advance
Attachments
Frame0019.png
Frame0019.png (297.77 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Frame0014.png
Frame0014.png (306.77 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Frame0007.png
Frame0007.png (309.84 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Frame0003.png
Frame0003.png (313.11 KiB) Viewed 319 times

Tags: