Building Simbody from source

Simbody is useful for internal coordinate and coarse grained molecule modeling, large scale mechanical models like skeletons, and anything else that can be modeled as bodies interconnected by joints, acted upon by forces, and restricted by constraints.
Vivek Kote

Building Simbody from source

Post by Vivek Kote » Mon May 23, 2022 8:36 am

Hello all,

I have been trying to build Simbody-3.7 from source on Windows (Visual studio 2019, CMake 3.22.4).

I get error messages when I try to build in Visual studio. All of them point to either IpLapackSolverInterface.hpp or IpLapackSolverInterface.cpp in the file column of the error list, which then leads to errors(Error LNK1104) as posted in one of the previous posts :

viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=47&t=12793&p=36623&start=0&view=

I have attached a snapshot of some of the error messages. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Error messages
Capture1.PNG (105.99 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Capture.PNG
Error messages
Capture.PNG (149.69 KiB) Viewed 414 times

Nicos Haralabidis

Re: Building Simbody from source

Post by Nicos Haralabidis » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:32 am

Hello Vivek,

I was having similar issues when trying to build it yesterday. Downloading the version from this link gave me those errors - https://github.com/simbody/simbody/releases

Downloading the latest version from the master branch on github appeared to solve my errors. There are a few forum posts below explaining some of the issues/solution.

Thanks,

Nicos