Error APDMDataReader.read

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Cristina Chieffo

Error APDMDataReader.read

Post by Cristina Chieffo » Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:49 am

Good morning,
I've found an error tring to read my imu data (they are not Xsens but are made by my univeristy).
This is the error that Matlab show me
"
Java exception occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Table does not have
metadata for 'header'.
Thrown at APDMDataReader.cpp:130 in
extendRead().

at
org.opensim.modeling.opensimCommonJNI.DataAdapter_read(Native
Method)

at
org.opensim.modeling.DataAdapter.read(DataAdapter.java:80)
"
I attach also the example that the website propose for doing the tutorial and the table i've created.
I should have adapted the first two lines equal to the ones of the example but i'm not able to understand what i'm not changing correctly.
I've also tried to write the same amount of columns of the example (simuling to have the same number of IMUs) but the error remain.

Thank you for the availability,
Cristina Chieffo
Attachments
MyTable_modified.csv
(131.13 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
MyTable.csv
(129.86 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
exampleAPDM_Data.csv
(742.39 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Immagine 2022-07-03 162900.jpg
Immagine 2022-07-03 162900.jpg (28.54 KiB) Viewed 177 times

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Error APDMDataReader.read

Post by Ayman Habib » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:54 am

Hello,

The error message regarding the header is likely due to extra or missing commas or spaces/tabs in the header lines. These file formats are defined by the manufacturers and our parsers were written for a specific version as such our parsers are strict. The best resource is to look into provided example data files and follow the format very strictly.

Alternatively if working in Matlab or python you can do the parsing yourself, create a TimeSeriesTable of Quaternions and use it downstream in opensense.

Hope this helps,
-Ayman