lost bones / objects after scale

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Robert Catena

lost bones / objects after scale

Post by Robert Catena » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:39 pm

After I scale a model, everything looks fine. I save the output as an .osim and try to open the .osim later on its own. During opening, I am getting a lot of messages like "Couldn't find file 'l_tibia.vtp'." Also, some object are out of place. See attached picture with model on left after re-opening. Model on right is what it should look like. Using the full body thoracolumbar model. Sure this is something simple I am missing. Appreciate anyone thoughts.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-12-22 180424.png
Screenshot 2022-12-22 180424.png (57.6 KiB) Viewed 220 times

Tags:

Robert Catena

Re: lost bones / objects after scale

Post by Robert Catena » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:45 pm

Issue Resolved.

Apparently, OpenSim models rely on on their location within folders to read other files. I was attempting previously to open models that I moved to a new folder. When I put the scaled models back into the original model's location, they opened and looked fine.

Carmichael Ong

Re: lost bones / objects after scale

Post by Carmichael Ong » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:31 pm

Glad that you found a way around the issue! You are correct that the location can be important. In particular, when you load a model, one of the places it will look for these .vtp files are in a folder named "Geometry" at the same location of the model. So, as long as you either place the model back in the original folder, or copy the Geometry folder to the new location (for instance, if you want to share the model), those should both work.