Full body model with external loads on hands

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Davide Conte

Full body model with external loads on hands

Post by Davide Conte » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:50 am

Dear all,

I am interested in developing a full-body model to compute inverse and forward dynamics on a full-body model during gait with hands leaned on a support.

I will be able to measure external forces and moments on hands and feet.
I was thinking to start from the standard SIMM full-body model, importing it in OpenSim, but I have just read on the User's Guide (p. 178) that external loads can be applied to max 2 bodies while performing Inverse Dynamics analysis.

Is there any possibility to overcome the problem?

I would also would like to know if there is anybody working with a full-body model in OpenSim.

Thank you very much in advance,

Davide Conte

Chris Zirker

RE: Full body model with external loads on hands

Post by Chris Zirker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:47 am

I am going to be attempting a similar task shortly, as we will be looking into the biomechanics of rock climbing. I unfortunately haven't made it to the point where I've started modeling, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know if there's anything I manage to work out.

Yi Wang

RE: Full body model with external loads on hands

Post by Yi Wang » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:03 am

We are working on the Full body model and still searching the ways of doing this. My email is tinyvane@gmail.com, if possible, we can open a Google Wave and add you? to discuss together? Thank you , keep in touch.