IK and DK input file

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Angelo Cotroneo

IK and DK input file

Post by Angelo Cotroneo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:55 am

Hi everyone
I am a beginner of OpenSim. I have to do IK and DK study of upper limb. I am studying the documentation but I have some question about input file to do this operation:
- I have to build the setup_file.xml from zero or there is some file already preconfigured?
- How I can create .trc file with motion that I desire to do the analysis? Is it possible to do it if I do not have experimental data?
If you have any suggestions for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your support and sorry if my question are too basic.

Zakia Hussain

Re: IK and DK input file

Post by Zakia Hussain » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:11 am

When u download opensim, you will find resources folder in the setup folder. inside resources folder is a model folder which has many opensim models like 2392 and 2354. You can copy the setup files for IK and ID and modify them according to your study. Those models are lower limb models so you will have to change it to upper limb.

You can get motion data from many open access databases depending on what activity you are looking for. Usually the mocap data is in c3d format, you can convert it into .trc and .mot format using MATLAB or python. c3dexport m file in the CODE folder of resources folder can be used for this.

read this https://simtk-confluence.stanford.edu:8 ... +Your+Data

Angelo Cotroneo

Re: IK and DK input file

Post by Angelo Cotroneo » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:45 am

Thank you for your answer. I have no experimental data, so I am "create" motion editing .mot file. For doing ID I need also to build a .xml and .mot file with externals load. I study the documentation about this topic but it isn't clear for me. Is there any file can I can use like format, for upper limb?