adding coordinate actuator to hfd model

SCONE is a software tool for predictive simulations of biomechanical movement. It uses OpenSim for modeling and simulation, and performs optimization using various control strategies, including feed-forward control, proprioceptic feedback control, and bal
vahid F

adding coordinate actuator to hfd model

Post by vahid F » Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:17 am

To whom it may concern,

I am encountering an issue while attempting to add a coordinate actuator to an OpenSim3 model and converting it to an HFD model using the convert tool. Unfortunately, despite my efforts, the coordinate actuator does not appear in the resulting HFD model.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance you can provide regarding the process of adding a coordinate actuator to an HFD model.

Best

Thomas Geijtenbeek

Re: adding coordinate actuator to hfd model

Post by Thomas Geijtenbeek » Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:03 am

In order to get a CoordinateActuator in Hyfydy, you need to add a joint_motor to the model. This will automatically actuate all Dofs of the motorized joint. For example, to actuate all Dofs in the right hip joint, add the following section to your .hfd model:

Code: Select all

joint_motor {
		name = hip_motor_r
		joint = hip_r
		max_torque = 1000 # set to whatever the maximum torque should be
		stiffness = 0 # set to zero if there is no target orientation
		damping = 0 # set to non-zero to add joint damping
	}
After that, the right hip Dofs become actuated in SCONE. The input of the actuators is the torque in Nm.

Unfortunately, the Model Conversion Tool does add joint_motors automatically, so you'll need to add this manually. I will try to fix this in a future version of SCONE.

Please let me know if this helps!