[RRA] Request for Advice on Residual Force Reduction

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
jaebeom jo

[RRA] Request for Advice on Residual Force Reduction

Post by jaebeom jo » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:21 am

Hello,

I am currently working on a squat motion analysis project, using the gait2354 model to work with motion capture data and force plate data.

After completing the scaling, inverse kinematics (IK), and inverse dynamics (ID) processes, I have been attempting to reduce residual forces through the Residual Reduction Algorithm (RRA).

However, I have encountered several problems during the RRA process.

Firstly, I am struggling to reduce the residual forces to zero completely, and I have also tried modifying the tasks and actuators files in this process. However, when I use the result angles (RRA_q) obtained after RRA, I experience a divergence of residual forces. (This does not happen when using the IK angles.)

I am uncertain whether this issue arises from the scaling process, IK, or the RRA itself, and I am not confident that the process I have followed so far is appropriate.

Therefore, if anyone has similar experiences or can offer advice on this issue, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you.

1st RRA result is good for looking.
residual_plot.png
1st RRA result
residual_plot.png (719.29 KiB) Viewed 163 times
IK is not good but i can't improve this..
I have extensively experimented with scaling and IK, but I've struggled to find a clear direction for improvement.
IK.png
IK.png (193.82 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Attachments
data.zip
data file (setup.xml & maker(.trc) & grf (.mot, .xml))
(355.5 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
20240128_scaled.osim
(426.66 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

Tags: