Solve for equilibrium for actuator states

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
pauline neerpelt

Solve for equilibrium for actuator states

Post by pauline neerpelt » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:24 am

Hello,

Is it correct that the "solve for equilibrium for actuator states" in the Analyze tool should be selected when performing a joint reaction analysis based on muscle forces predicted by SO or CMC?
Could anyone shed some light on the implications of selecting or not selecting this option, or direct me to additional information?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Pauline

Tags:

Mohammadreza Rezaie

Re: Solve for equilibrium for actuator states

Post by Mohammadreza Rezaie » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:35 am

Hi, please see Ayman's responses in this post: viewtopicPhpbb.php?f=91&t=4123&p=0&start=0&view=

pauline neerpelt

Re: Solve for equilibrium for actuator states

Post by pauline neerpelt » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:01 am

Thank you very much for your reply!
I have taken some time to read all posts concerning the "solve for equilibrium for actuator states", however, I am still confused.

Is it correct that the flag should be utilized in the following manner:
- SO: false
- CMC: true
- JRA based on inverse dynamics output: false

In addition, I remain uncertain about the precise significance of this flag.
While some posts suggest it pertains to adjusting muscle fiber length states to achieve equilibrium with their tendons, others indicate it determines whether initial conditions such as joint position and velocity are overwritten.
Could someone help me to understand what the exact implications are of setting this flag to true or false?

Kind regards,
Pauline