Issues concerning plot and analyze tools

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Giordano Valente

Issues concerning plot and analyze tools

Post by Giordano Valente » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 am

I have noticed some issues in the last 2 versions (1.9.1 and 2.0).
(1) Plotting the built-in curves using my model, I got different outputs using these 2 versions. In particular I have verified that the muscle-tendon lenghts curves vs generalized coordinates should be correct in the 1.9.1 v. and wrong in the 2.0 v. (measuring them in another software).
(2) Running the Joint Reaction analysis through the Analyze tool, I got different results with the 2 versions. In particular it seems that the 2.0 version results are right (but still to be verified).

Does anyone have experienced these issues?

Thank you.

Ayman Habib

RE: Issues concerning plot and analyze tools

Post by Ayman Habib » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Giordano,

Version 2.0 had some fixes to JointReaction (in some special cases) so it's conceivable that version 2.0 results are different.

Please file a bug report with the model and specific plot in version 2.0 that looks incorrect and we'll investigate.

Thanks,
-Ayman

Giordano Valente

RE: Issues concerning plot and analyze tools

Post by Giordano Valente » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 am

The issue concerning the plot is reproducible with the examples models as well. I tried with the Model2392: if you plot, for example, the muscle-tendon lenghts vs generalized coordinates using the 2 versions, you will see different values coming out. In particular, using v. 2.0, if you plot a curve of a muscle acting on the hip joint vs its 3 coordinates, you can check that the values related to the coordinate values = 0 (default pose) are not the same (they have to be the same, like it happens using v. 1.9.1) and so the curves are incorrect. This issue shows up only using the generalized coordinates as x-quantity.

Thank you