Opensim on raspberry pi 5

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Arthur van der Have

Opensim on raspberry pi 5

Post by Arthur van der Have » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:18 am

I am currently exploring a project where I am considering running the OpenSim API in Python on a Raspberry Pi 5. I am able to build OpenSim (OpenSim-cli) and Python but not have the correct OpenSim package in Python. We are using Kubernetes and docker to build everything automatically but we are not able to find the solution.
I tried to manually build opensim on our pi, which is successful but only gives us the opensim-cli to interact with and no way for python to connect with opensim (via modules, which is usually done via conda).

We had a look at this project: https://opensimconfluence.atlassian.net ... +OpenSense.
So I think it is possible but i am not able to figure it out.

Tags:

Ayman Habib

Re: Opensim on raspberry pi 5

Post by Ayman Habib » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:27 am

Hi Arthur,

Wonderful to hear from you, and thanks for reporting.

If you're able to build the OpenSim API then you can enable python bindings by turning on a flag (BUILD_PYTHON_WRAPPING in CMake) and that will locate/try-to-find other needed tools (e.g. swig) and the python available on the build machine and then python bindings will be available.

We rearranged our build instructions so I'm not sure where is this documented but please open an issue on github if the documentation is missing or lacking for this scenario and we'll help you out.

All the best,
-Ayman