RRA and CMC for Non-Gait Activities

Provide easy-to-use, extensible software for modeling, simulating, controlling, and analyzing the neuromusculoskeletal system.
Travis Peterson

RRA and CMC for Non-Gait Activities

Post by Travis Peterson » Tue May 25, 2010 10:23 am

Hi,

I'm working on a modified Head and Neck model. I have simulated (read: fake) external loads data that I've created to test viability in the OpenSim environment. I'm wondering if RRA and CMC can be retrofitted to something that isn't gait-like. In this case, the head acts something like an inverted pendulum and there are really no ground reaction forces. I've noticed that the RRA and CMC setup files I've created from an XML editor are unable to load and give me and error of "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working" wherein the program closes. However, if I input the data through the GUI, it will at least allow me to do that, however I am then unable to change the body on which the forces are applied. Also, there are 2 force application bodies in the example Gait2354 RRA setup file. I only want to apply my external force on one body (skull) and am wondering if there is a way to get around this. Sorry for the barrage of questions, hopefully someone has some answers.

Cheers,
Travis